r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Things I am not surprised by, Part 1.

Plainly put, if I ever want to own a home in my neighborhood (alamo square), I should be prepared to spend upwards of $1 mil. This isn't a surprising figure, but it's a sobering thought. Recently my friend and high school classmate moved back in with her parents because she wants home ownership to be more than just a nice idea and needs to save money, and while I understand this completely, I rather live dreamy-eyed next to these amazing city-view condos now, and hope that a childless, rich old uncle emerges from the trenches and leaves me some much-needed inheritance. This is most likely not going to happen, though, because my mom is the big lender in the family, with no rich uncle in sight so far.

Also disappointing, but also not surprising, it looks like San Francisco will definitely not have a new mayor for the next four years.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home