r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Reporting live, from squirreltown...

So I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus while a) mourning the move my best friend from college is about to make for grad school (two hours away, people... versus the three blocks we've been living from each other the past 4 years!) and b) recovering from a really nasty wisdom tooth extraction. Adults aren't meant for this. Where is my goddamn vicadin? I really can't wait to eat solid food again, and the smell of warm corn tortillas wafting in from the kitchen is making me near-livid. I would probably sell my soul for the ability to eat a grilled cheese sandwich right now, and for bacon? Your soul.

My face is lopsidedly swollen since two of the three offending teeth went without a fight, leaving their lone lower right brother to render me weak as a kitten with boatloads of pain. Now I am confined to a diet of liquids, and not even the fun kind of liquids, which makes me a very cranky individual.

Somebody get me a scotch and some bacon, quick, and I'll fake it till I make it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home