r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Home, Sweet home!

And already, all I can think about is my next meal. My trip to Chicago padded me nicely with a few extra pounds since food there is amazing and very filling, but it wasn't too bad since we got to take in all of downtown and the surrounding areas on foot. I love cities where you can walk and walk until your scenery completely changes. But there's still almost three months until a Hawaii wedding (not mine - no worries!), and I'm glad Dine About Town happens in January and not March. Dine About Town is a nice deal but never saves me as much money as I expect it to, since the $31.95/Dinner rate is a prix-fix menu and I always end up wanting additional things off the menu, mainly fancy appetizers, since those are kind of my thing. But most people have far more self control than I do when it comes to food: this is perfect for them.

So far on my radar are Aziza (Mediterranean), Baraka (French), Cassis (French - this one for the beef stew), Le Colonial (Vietnamese), RNM (American, and even though I've been here a few times I'm always too suaced up to remember specifics), Supperclub, and AsiaSF, which I can't believe I still haven't been to. Plus AsiaSF's got a lot more variety for their prix-fix menu than other restaurants.

In the meantime, to keep my brainmatter from slowly turning into a polenta-like substance, I've decided to take Farsi classes in order to keep people on their toes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home