r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Remember, remember, the 5th of december. Repeal day!

Yesterday marked the 74th anniversary of Repeal Day, a real holiday for yours truly. Just imagine what kind of a person I would have turned out to be under temperance: sober, nice, and completely flavorless (I would think). I celebrated in the appropriate style, sipping my all-time favorite simple beverage: a Dewar's and soda at a bar (my home away from home, which applies to any bar, anywhere). I hope you all celebrated as well, and gave thanks to the event that's brought most of us together in the first place. Cheers, friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home