r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Divisadero is the new black.

Last night the Progressives joined mayoral candidate Quintin for a some inspirational speeches and a night cap at the very divey Peacock lounge during his victory party. That's right, victory. Over something. I'm, uh, not telling what.
Along with the weakest scotch and soda ever to be made by someone who is not 14, I had a chat with our deep-voiced Supervisor, Ross Mirkadreamy, who told me that a) my street will be repaved soon, so I won't need to be buy that new alarm clock... thanks to 6am construction right outside my windows! and b) that the Divis is the new Mission. I'm also pretty sure he said that the Divis is the cat's pyjamas, but it may have been just what I wanted to hear. Well, anyway, aren't I glad I didn't move to the Mission now? Score 1 for the yuppies, we are ahead of the game. Badass!


photo credit shoutmag @ flickr

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home