r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Gluttony: the Incanto experience.

Tonight I'm having a much-anticipated dinner at Incanto with my roommate. We ran into an old co-worker of hers from another restaurant this past weekend, and he said he jumped ship to this very interesting spot. Incanto's Yelp reviews are all of the map... from amazing, positive, brilliant, fun; to completely disgusting. I feel like the negativity comes from misunderstanding: both tourists and old-fashioned natives want another traditional Italian restaurant, and traditional this place ain't. Which is precisely why I can't wait for our 9pm reservation.




Edit: My only regret is that I didn't save room for dessert. Skate has been consumed and subsequentally loved. Real big chunks of butternut squash in a butternut squash risotto make it that much more mouth-watering. Read my full review of Incanto on Yelp.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home