r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Everything I need to know I learned from Google Reader.

For whatever meta- or otherwise physical reason, when big changes happen, they comes in throngs. The media is ablaze with things to talk about. My google reader addiction is growing.

2/12: The assassination of Hezbollah leader Imad Mughniyeh via headrest bomb.

2/17: The Republic of Kosova breaks from Serb rule and declares independence.

2/19: "Old as dirt", ailing, and mostly incapacitated Fidel fucking Castro fucking resigns. Whoa!

Now, for a moment, let's go back to my growing addiction to Google's answer to every disorganized blogroll, the brilliant and user friendly Google Reader, which now consumes much of my free time and prevents me from writing anything original. That's OK, there's so much out there that's written already... so check out these blogs, which are now among my favorite reads:

Abu Muqawama
Afghan LORD
Foreign Policy Watch
The Ghost of Patrick Henry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home