r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Fresh air + drinking = I'm 23, back off.

The past two days have shown me massive signs of hope. I feel good, I feel blessed... do you think I'm talking about Super Tuesday? No! Okay, that's exciting too, but what I'm really down for right now is this beautiful weather that's showing a glimmer of change to the grey, depressing, windy downpour we've all been dreading every day we leave our cold apartments, trying to find a cab or hoping not to miss the MUNI, sharp needles of cold rain forcing us to squint into a bad day.

No more. We've had enough.

In honor of what I hope is the return of a decent existence without the constant threat of wayward umbrella corners, I'm compiling a list of bars with outdoor patios where you can sit under a heat lamp and pretend the sun is actually warm while drinking a crisp microbrew or a spicey bloody mary.

  • Zeitgeist - a no-brainer. Some friends, a deck of cards, a giant purse full of miscaleneous items to weigh your cards down with, and some BBQ. Definitely can't wait to resume all that.
  • Mojo - they have a nice back yard covered with plants, perfect for a big glass of hef. But my backyard is next door and has lounge chairs and I could drink beer out of bottles for much cheaper. I'll probably still come here, though...
  • El Rio - I'm not that likely to stray so far from my home grounds for a beer, and if I was going to Bernal during the day time I think I'd go elsewhere, but this is an outdoor option, although mostly occupied during evenings.
  • Thee Parkside - the outdoor patio has its own bar. Oh reaaaallly...
  • Zazie - tucked away in Cole Valley, whose tangled streets are great for walking off a serious buzz in the middle of a Sunday afternoon, easy to get to, but, unfortunately, sometimes infested with children.
  • Frjtz (the Hayes Valley location) - good for both food and beers, and a convenient walking distance away.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Dimitri said...

I was told that you can't actually take beer to the backyard of Mojo. Well, not told so much as saw the sign that says so.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

yea but we're neighborhood folk, we're allowed. it says that because they can't keep an eye on you out there... so you know, they don't want you giving beers to babies.

12:00 PM  
Blogger jt said...

whats wrong with giving beer to babies?

3:53 PM  
Blogger jt said...

and really, when was the last time you were even in your backyard, let alone drink there?

3:54 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

I noticed that you left off the Ramp; don't forget about Potrero

11:53 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

what the hell is the Ramp and why have i not been there?

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home