r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Friday, January 11, 2008

My TL, Your TL, Everyone's TL.

This morning, walking past one of my favorite bars on the way to work, I saw a large pile of human excrement in one of the doorways and immediately knew who it belonged to: Rita, a creepily under-developed homeless crackhead who looks to be about 12 years old and constantly pulls clothes off her body for loose change. She likes to hang out on that corner, vacantly staring from her 4-something feet of height, and I've even seen her get shoved into a cop car several times... but like the fog, Rita returns, not exactly a welcome addition to your day but also no longer a surprise. I've had several run-ins with Rita myself and, unfortunately, I've seen her naked or partially naked too many times to take whatever problems she's carrying seriously.

I also saw two bullet casings on the ground at Jones and O'Farrell. I pushed them around with my toe for a minute but then decided that police evidence does not equal street souvenirs for Kay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home