r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Friday, March 28, 2008

On my way to the CDP Convention...

Tonight I'm planning on reliving my college "glory days", by which I mean I'm going to drink and dance until 3am and then wake up at 7:30 for class. Except for the class part. Instead of dragging my sleepy self up an absurdly steep hill (now I get why I was in much better shape two years ago!) for lecture, I'll be fighting my cravings for some kind of a very unhealthy fast-food breakfast - because that's what driving down 280S/101S does to me - on my way down to San Jose for the CA Democratic Party Convention. Why so early? I have to be there by 10am, which in my case means that I need to aim for 9am, in order to make sure all my credentials for the voting process are in order.

I will be there as part of Team Carole, since you don't need to be a nice and gentle person to be an effective legislator in my book. Come on people, it's not like she's running for Prom Queen. So she's a little abrasive. Let it go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home