r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Thursday, May 06, 2010

In the age of the internet, no good deed goes unpunished...

4 years ago I was in a movie. I can't act, but I was in a movie. It pissed off a lot of people who were actual aspiring actresses that I was just some chick plucked out of a Buffalo Exchange on Haight Street (I apologize for nothing). But that was ok. My dear readers, I think y'all know by now that I am pretty used to inadvertently pissing people off. Maybe I should change the title of my blog to "Pissing People Off Without a Clue". But I digress.

So I was in this movie. It's a zero-budget piece of genius about a household of nubile co-eds and one thousand-year-old killer puppy. It's also why I can now safely say I should never run for office... especially in Germany, where it seems to have found a home in a totally obscure cult niche. However, I may be a celebrity there. Who knows? I am kind of reluctant to find out.

We did one screening party at the DNA lounge, promoted it for a short while, and then I promptly forgot about its existence until a friend from Chicago came to visit and a bottle of wine later the movie was in my DVD player. Like a fine wine, it may have gotten significantly better with age. The creator/writer/director of the film pointed out, "It certainly couldn't have gotten any worse."

My interest in Puppy revived, I googled it. Lo and behold... I found myself on IMDB! That's right, I have an IMDB. Something about that just isn't quite right, you know? Somewhere in the world a unicorn just chipped his horn.

I will leave you with this. Do yourself a favor and don't try to guess what I am laying in, or for that matter, next to.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Techboy said...

I think you could sell poster-sized prints of this!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love you Kay, you are beyond awesome.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home