r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quick catch-up...

Took a brief blogging hiatus to catch up on real life, friends coming back to SF for the holidays, a whole lot of beach time, surfing, and transitioning into my role as an SFWPC Board of Directors member. But now I'm back and I have a lot of catching up to do.

While my smarter econ-savvy friends are paying attention to important Dow-related news, I've been obsessively following hurricane coverage although I don't have much of a personal connection to our glorious South, mostly, I'll admit, because Anderson Cooper broadcasts from thigh-deep floodwater in fly fishing pants (at one point, a lost golden retriever ran/swam up to him, wagging his tail excitedly, and the two bonded... further proof that all creatures big and small love Anderson).

Here's a great article of very moving personal accounts from the scene, which include a docile lion. Can't go wrong with a docile lion. And a guy who said this:

"I drink beer and chase women, gamble, cuss," Jones said. "You can't call that religion. I'm either too good, the devil won't have me, or I'm so bad the Good Lord won't take me. That's a good toss-up."

I couldn't agree more, Mr. Jones.

Huge photos that don't even begin to convey the devastation of the "short - but eventful - life of Ike"

Carry on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home