r

{ metropolis devoured }
a tribute to my san francisco


3/4 oz scotch whiskey
3/4 oz local politics
1/4 oz public policy
1/4 oz disaster preparedness
1/2 oz alamo square

Shake over neighborhood dives & venues, strain into a chilled cocktail dress, garnish with a sprig of gov 2.0, and serve.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

"Food" and "crime" can only happen on Mission & 23rd...

I can't seem to get past the irony of this (hey, I list puns as a hobby, OK?) so I might as well get it all out because it's not even remotely funny. Two days ago, an armed robber walked into the new Mission restaurant/bar Beretta, held it up, and went on his merry way with a sack of cash bearing dollar signs (probably minus that last part). I sure hope he used a BERETTA, because otherwise this situation is just all wrong.

Well, Beretta happens to be on my social calendar for tonight, since most of my roommate's Bourbon & Branch cohorts have migrated back to the Mission and we dilligently follow the trail of tasty cocktails they leave in their wake. So here's to hoping that lighting doesn't strike the same spot twice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home